Your Local Sea Safety Officer – George Simpson
George can be found on P Pontoon (Polly of Hythe) most weekends or in the Small Crafts Club.
Tel – 07714 034766
Please e-mail email@example.com to arrange a sea safety check
Sea Safety Advice
The RNLI believes, and its service return information confirms, that a very large majority of lifeboats services can be attributed to a group of reasons, which can be summarised, as preventative activities.
- Wear a lifejacket
- Check your engine and fuel
- Tell others where you are going
- Carry some means of calling for help
- Keep an eye on weather and tides
- Get proper training, and boat within your limits
There are many other pieces of advice related to boating safety that are covered within the CD-ROM of Sea Safety, The Complete Guide, available free from www.rnli.org.uk/sea safetyor 0800 328 0600 (UK)